Instagram contests are a great way to draw attention to your brand from a platform with over 1 billion users. Contests and giveaways help grab attention and draw the attention of the Instagram algorithm to your content.
Why Marketing Contest On Instagram Is Important For Business?
All businesses benefit from all types of content in the age of social media. Blog posts, infographics, and podcasts are all great options.
What if your online business is just starting? Maybe your business is struggling to compete with larger brands. Something must be done to make your business stand out.
This means that in business you have many goals. You want to increase brand awareness and drive sales. You must overcome all obstacles and get every aspect of your business working properly.
A contest on Instagram stimulates exactly those opportunities.
An Instagram contest is almost a sure way to increase engagement if it’s one of your KPIs in marketing.
- It can produce 64 times more comments, 3.5 times more likes than the average post.
- 34% of customers can be attracted by contests.
Do you need a boost in conversion rate? Contests have a remarkable conversion rate of 34%, which is significantly higher than other content types.
People who want to participate in your contest will be willing to share their personal information, such as email addresses or likes and dislikes, in return for something.
This simply means you’re creating a new way for potential customers to get to know you better and better serve them in the future. You will ultimately encourage your customers to stay with your company for many years.
Benefits Of Contest Marketing
These are some of the key benefits that this strategy offers:
- Attract your target market: It gives you more visibility and increases the likelihood that they are your target audience. This can lead to future sales.
- You can increase followers: because it is often a requirement for participation.
- You can increase engagement: by asking users to participate in the tasks you set. High engagement rates are always a positive thing as it opens opportunities for potential partners and brands to work together in the future.
- It is a great way for you to improve your brand image: The giveaway can be used to show your essence and values as part of your strategy and concept.
- Promoting products and services: It is a great way to increase the interest in the service or product you are offering. Participants will associate your brand with the product or service they receive, usually because it is related to them.
How to Host a Contest on Instagram?
Each contest should have a goal that leads you to success. These are some of the most popular goals:
- Traffic to pages about products or services.
- Increase brand awareness
- Get followers.
- Participate in the discussion.
- Boost sales.
- Make an email list
Type of Contest
Here are some examples of contests you could participate in:
- User-generated contest: A contest is a way of attracting an audience. It’s simple. Let others help you create content that will reach the maximum number of people. Ex: Starbucks asked its customers to send in photos of themselves with their products. Another example is the Netflix Instagram contest.
- Instagram photography contests: Like the previous, but instead of posting product or service photos, your audience should upload selfies.
- Title Contest: Upload a photo, let your users add a caption to your photo, and then you can choose the winner based upon your criteria or number of likes.
- Follow, like, share and tag to win: it’s the easiest way to get your audience to like, follow, share, and tag your brand on Instagram. Ask your followers to follow, like, share, tag, and tag your brand on their Instagram accounts.
Designing a Contest
Design and copywriting are two of the first steps to getting your users to sign up for your contest. You need to take the time to make sure it is done well.
Select the Prize
Do giveaways increase sales? Well yes. Brands are concerned about what prize their followers will win. These brands believe that giving away iPads or iPhones is the best way to attract people. These prizes are great, but you risk having more fake followers. It will also attract people who don’t want to interact with your brand in the future.
A well-run contest at an exercise brand. The winner received a one-month diet plan and a 1-year membership. It was very closely linked to the brand because it was focused on health. It was able to improve the quality of its participants as well as its followers.
Multiple Winners or Prizes
Quality and quantity should be considered. A contest that only offers one prize will likely result in fewer participants. Your users will be more likely to take part if there are multiple winners. This is a psychological reaction that causes your brain to believe you can win. You can try different awards and winners to find the one that works best for you.
Set a Deadline
Depending on the type and promotion, you can choose the deadline. You can increase your followers by giving the contest a longer duration. If you’re using the contest to promote a specific date, such as Christmas, it will suffice to set a few days. The deadline you choose will be determined by your preferences and needs.
In the description, always mention the country to which the award is being sent. Make sure you clarify whether the shipment is being sent by the brand or the user.
A Promotional Strategy Can Increase Reach
Promote your contest using the following channels to increase participation:
- Social networks: Even if the contest is done on Instagram, it can be communicated through other social media channels like Facebook, Pinterest, and so forth.
Remember that Instagram and any other social media platform were created to connect people all over the globe.
Like all social media competitions, Instagram Contests have their own rules that protect their audience. Before you launch your contests, be sure to read the following precautions.